Welcome to my blog. Warning, this post will be very long winded.
I am new to having a blog, but a vetren to following blogs. I guess you can say, I to rneed read certain blogs daily :). I get up early just to have my "me time" in the morning to read my favorites, which can be found on my profile.
I will not be one of those blogs that people will come to, in order to find answers to partening, marriage, religious, household organization, or cleaning tips. This is more for myself. Too keep a journal for myself.
I wish blogs were available back when I had my children. It is so much easier for me to type my thoughts, then to write them down on paper. I have always wanted to keep a journal for myself & my children, but I do not like writing stuff down. So, I have my memories, thoughts, opinions (which some may/may not care to hear) and prayers that I will have forever, now that I have this blog.
My main reason for wanting this blog is because it will become a keeper of all that is important to me, past and present.
My mother is now showing signs of forgetfullness. She is 78 yrs old and in great health, otherwise. I have just started noticing some signs recently of her forgetting things. That will be a another post for another day.
I remember my grandmother (my mom's mother) competely forgetting everything/everyone in her past & in her present. She died not remembering who she was or who we were. It was so terrible for me to watch my mother go through that. To not be able to just talk to her mother while she was slowly fading away and have her remember good memories from her past.
My biggest fear, is this will happen to my mother. My mother is my BEST FRIEND and the thought of her not remembering all of our great times, is so scary. I pray that my children will be able to say the same thing about me when they are older and out living their lives to the fullest. That I (their mother) is their best friend/supporter.
Now on to a brief description of my life. Like my description says, I am married to the most wonderful man and I have 4 great kids. My husband and I celebrated 5 yrs of marriage in May 09. Both going through horrible divorces and having kids with our previous marriages. We are a blended family, but you would never know by looking at us. My husband loves my 3 kids, as much as I love his son. We have always agreed from the moment we talked about marriage, that our children our not his or mine, but they are ours. Love is thicker then blood and our family is the proff of that. We do not have any children together, and we are ok with that. We are a very close family and we spend lots of time together. We love doing things together. Camping, bike riding, watching tv, reading, walking, sports and most of all going to church. You name, we do it. We have 2 boys, ages 12 & 11. We also have 2 girls, ages 7 & 6. 1 dog and 1 cat.
I work Tues-Fri (about 27 hours a week) for a Catholic non-profit organization. I love the fact that my job is helping to spread Mary the Mother of Jesus' word out to the world. I work for the only International Rosary Center in the US. We provide materials at below cost to our members and they make the Rosaries. The members can mail the completed Rosaries back to us and we mail them to missions all around the world, that have requested Rosaries. Prayer is the post powerful tool for people to use, espically in our world today. While most companies are laying employees off or worse, closing their doors. I can happily say, that we have been striving with success for 50++ years now. I am hoping that means, more people are praying out in our world today. This world is scary and dangerous and it helps me, when I turn to Mary to intervene for me and send my prayers to her son. We all can use some prayers in our lives. If you want more info about our company, please visit http://www.olrm.org/
I also teach 1st grade CCD class, one night a week. This is classes that children, grades K through 8th, take in order to become Catholic. This class is for children that are in the public school system or those that are homeschool. It is such a honor, to be able to teach about the Lord and the Catholic Church to school age children. I just hope that I am able to motivate these children to continue their walk in Christ, when they leave my classroom. We adults are the children's teachers whether in school or at home and I am so proud to be able to do this volenteer service, for my God.
Well, my kids are coming home now, so I need to end this here. I hope I didn't make all that are reading this, fall asleep. LOL.
Thanks for reading and please come back anytime.
Lauri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment