Ahhhh, my favorite season is officially here. Today being the first day of fall, I thought I would start decorating my home. I have a few things up already, because I just couldn't wait. Our summer here has been unseasonably cooler then most summers. Usually in Ky, you can't breathe outside with all the humidity. But, this summer we have pretty much been spared by the yucky humid weather and I loved it.
I think what I love most about fall, is all the beautiful colors around us. I am always in awe when I look around & see all that God has created and how he changes everything with a fresh new look every season. He is indeed a wonderful God.
Every year my children, husband, & I go to Hubers Family Farm and go pumpkin and apple picking. They are always so excited about the hay ride to the field. When it comes to a stop all the kids, take off running to the the pumpkin garden, to find the most perfert pumpkin. I just love seeing the wonder & admazement in my kids eyes, when they see all those pumpkins, they get to choose from. It never fails, one of the kids will always try to get the biggest one. To big to even carry.
After we pick the pumpkins, we then ride to the apple farm. The kids help me pick the most delicious apples. We usually get enough to fill a whole bag.
I love this quality time I get to spend with my kids. I get to let go of all the running/things that I have to get done, for a couple of hours. I get to pretend that I have no cares in the world, except for my hubby & kids for a couple of hours. It is so great & most of all, relaxing. One of the best ways to have quality "family time."
When we get home from this fun filled day, I usually make chili and for desert, apple betty. I love this dessert. Served warm with vinalla bean ice cream. Fall cannot get any better then this, except maybe some yummy pumpkin pie for later in the evening. LOL
Along with these traditions, we have started a new tradition with our friends. We go to Yogi Bear campground for their Halloween Weekend camping. We love this time together with our kids and our friends.
They have activites all weekend, haunted forest, haunted house, karoke, dancing, crafts, & games. The kids put on their customs & get to be in a parade. They also get to go trick or treating at all the campsites. You wouldn't believe how the campers/residents decorate their campers & campsites. Let's just say they really get into Halloween & Halloween decorations. LOL
Well, that is about all the time I have to talk about my favorite season and all the traditions that we do.
What is your favorite season & traditions?
Lauri


No comments:
Post a Comment