Friday, November 12, 2010

Company Girls, it's been awhile!!!

 11-11-10

Hey all you Company Girls.  It has seemed like forever, since I have done a "Company Girls" post.  Life has just being going non stop for us, since the beginning of summer.  We have been soooo busy with sports & everyday life. 

My J-Bird is cheering & the league has just finished, but now we are in competition mode.  They have their first one tomorrow.  It is going to be rough.  We have had a problem with parents not bringing their girls to practice, so we haven't had a full practice until last Friday.  Why or why do parents sign their kids up for things & not stay committed to it, especially when you are told in the beginning how many practices there will be???  It just hurts the other girls, like my J-Bird, who shows up for every practice, ready to go.  :(

We have been fighting colds in our household since last week.  It started with J-Bird, then me.  I am still fighting it today.  Now my DH, Big O, & Bubba have it, as well.  Ughhh, I just wish our weather would stay either warm or cold & quit going back & forth.  Don't get wrong, I am loving the "Indian summer" we are having, but it is causing my cold.

On the good side of things, my two older kids (middle school) have finish their 2nd grading period of the school year, last Friday.  They both have done very well.  Bubba (7th gr.) got all A's & 1 B.  BMX kid (8th gr.) got A & B's & 1 C.  I'm very proud of both the boys.  Especially BMX kid.  He has been struggling with school this year.  Not motivated to do the work, so I am happy with only 1 C, this grading period.  I pray he keeps it up.  He will have to, cause he made his school baseball team & you are suspended if you get below C.  Congrats BMX Kid!!! 

Well, now we need to get ready for Thanksgiving.  This is probably one of my favorite holidays.  I love the food & family around all day.  Being thankful for everyone that is in my life & thankful for the Lord & everything he has blessed me with.  My kids get to go to their first Thanksgiving this Sunday with their dad & his family.  They are sooo excited.  We have two to attend on the actual day.  My DH's dad's side of the family & his mothers house, later in the day.  We are having dinner the day after, here at our house (I'm cooking), for my side of the family.  It's going to be a long couple of days, but I can't wait. 

O.K.  I think I have rambled enough now.  Hope to be able to read some of the other Company Girls post this weekend.  Everyone have a great & blessed weekend.

Please go visit Rachael Ann at Home Sanctuary today or this weekend.

Lauri

1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

Life just keeps busier, doesn't it...it can be exhausting! We are getting out of the craziness of the holidays this year, we are spending it at DisneyWorld...should be interesting! Have a great weekend!