This weekend, we were suppose to go camping. It was cancelled do to all the rain we had. We decided to give our site to some friends of ours. We were going to spend the day up there with all of our friends because it was a big Halloween weekend. But, we decided to stay home all together & spend some family time together. Yesterday I got up & made a huge breakfast for my hubby & kids. I usually save the big breakfast for Sun. before church, but my hubby was working this Sun. Later we watch my daughter cheer at the football game, we came home to relax for an hour & let the kids run off some of their energy. We then went to dinner & went to buy pumpkins. We came home & decorated the pumpkins. It was really fun & my kids loved it. Even my hubby was enjoying it. We were laughing & acting silly & it felt so good to see my kids enjoy this family time together.
This was some much needed family time. Don't get me wrong, we spend everyday together, but we are usually going to practices, games, or some kind function. We really never have the time to just sit home & enjoy ourselves. I told the kids & my hubby that we are going to have "family time" once day or night every weekend. We will either go to a park, ride bikes, walk, play games, watch movies or even go to the movies. We use to do this all the time when the kids were younger, but now that 3 out of the 4 are into sports, we can't do it as much as before. We are always running. Now that the weather is getting colder, we are able to make more time to just hang out & relax and the greatest thing is, how much we all love it.
This morning my kids & I (hubby was working)went to church and the priest was talking about us making a mental list in our minds about what are the top 5 most important things in our lives with #1 being the most important. I was listing them in my head with My faith, Husband, Kids, Parents & Brothers-Sisters, House, & Job all being part of my top 5 list. He was trying to make a point that most people do not include their faith or God as an important part of their lives, however they should. We cannot go around here, especially with how our world is today without having faith in God, faith in our families, and faith in all things will work out, if you just leave them with God.
This really hit home with me because I have been having some issues at home with some people in my home. Not mentioning who or what those issues are. Anyway, I felt that God was telling me to give my burdens up to him & things will work themselves out. And you know what, I am going to do just that. I am going to quit fussing at this certain person and just give it up to God. Let him open this person eyes & see what they need to do. It is going to be hard, but I have to do this for the sake of our relationship. I don't want to fuss anymore, I don't want to get angry at them anymore, I don't want to think this person is driving me insane. I want to think how much I love this person & I want to get along better with them day in and day out. I want to have fun with this person and enjoy coming home with them here. This is what I want & I am giving my request to God, so I can let go of trying to control things myself.
I needed this sermon at church today because you know what, at the end of the day, my faith & my family are everything I need in life. We are going to be okay because God is behind us 100% and has a watchful eye out on all of us.
Life is Great.
Lauri
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yep .. only God can change people. The hard part is when God has no intention of changing that person, but wants to change how you respond to them! Ouch! By reading my blog I am sure you have seen this hard lesson I have been learning!
Keep up the hard work! Love is the answer. And that's different in every situation.
Nicole
Post a Comment