Monday, October 5, 2009

My Daybook




For Today
Oct. 4, 2009

Outside my window:  Just a little activity outside on the streets.  Some people are already going for their morning walks, cars driving by probably on their way to work, and beautiful leaves starting to fall off the big tree in my front yard.  Sun starting to come up.

I am thinking:  Of everything I need to buy & get ready for my son's field trip on Wed.  He is going with 49 other students & 5 teachers to a 3 day trip to Pine Mountain Settlement School in KY.

I am thankful for:  My step-son recovering from the type A influenza, without any problems.

From the learning room:  Nothing until Wed.  The kids are out of school for conferences.

From the kitchen:  Getting ready to make kiddos some breakfast.  Then need to get meat cooked for chili tonigh.  Cooking it in the crockpot today.  I think I might make something yummy for dessert too.

I am wearing:  Sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, socks, with my slippers.  It is cold this morning.

I am creating:  A binder for all my receipes that I have printed off.

I am going:  Need to go to the store later for some travel size things for my son to take on his trip.  Also need to get him some boots & nylon pants.  He has grown out of everything.  My daughter also has cheerleading practice tonight for 2 hours.

I am reading:  Still reading Debbie McCombers, 44 Cranberry Point.  Don't have much time for reading.

I am hoping:  That my son has a wonderful & safe time on his first trip without one of his parents with him.  I am also hoping I will not go insane with worry while he is gone and I can give up all my worries about his trip, to God.

I am hearing:  My son & daughter talking in his room.  I love when he is nice & lets his sisters come in there.  I am also hearing my cat meowing non-stop & he is driving me nuts.  :)

Around the house:  Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and laundry, lots of it. 

One of my favorite things:  Listening to my kids play nicely together.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Need to go to the store, get stuff ready for my son's 3 day field trip, get sleeping bags washed, get camping stuff ready for this weekend, my son's conference Tues., religion class Wed. night, daughter has cheer practice 3 nights this week.  Then it is off to our annual Halloween camping trip with our great friends. 

A picture of thought I am sharing:  This is the lake at the campgroung we are going to.  So peaceful.





Enjoy your Monday and God Bless.
Lauri



1 comment:

Nicole said...

So glad to see you daybooking! Have a great day!