FOR TODAY: NOVEMBER 2ND 2009-from Lauri's Daybook.
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW: It's a cold 38 degrees outside & the leaves have fallen off of a lot of the tress. We had lots of winds here over the weekend, now some trees are bear. :( Signs of winter everywhere you look.
I AM THINKING: Of something fun for our family to do this weekend, since we only have 2 weekends left before my DH leaves to work in the Islands for 6 LONG weeks.
I AM THANKFUL FOR: My DH job, even though it takes him away from us at times. With all the layoffs around us, we have to take the good with the bad, concerning his job (the bad being his traveling).
I AM WEARING: My pj pants, a long sleeve t-shirt & socks. Hair is pulled up in a clip.
I AM REMEMBERING: My babies, when they were smaller. They are growing up way too fast and I want to hold on to them forever, while they are still a little young. I wish time would stand still for awhile.
I AM GOING: Take my girls to school. Then I need to run to the store for just a few things. After that, no where until it is time to pick the kids up from school. Later, my daughter has cheer practice for 2 hours.
I AM READING: Just still reading my same book, almost finished. I have a new book from Thomas Kincaid, that I started, as well. Also reading my favorite blogs every morning.
I AM HOPING: To go walking tonight, after I drop my daughter off to her practice. I do drop off & my friend, picks them up.
ON MY MIND: I am trying to think of ways to organize my life more & to have some time to myself, to work on my blog. I want to use this as my journal, but I am having a hard time finding the time. I use my mornings to read my favorite blogs & in prayer (which begins at 5:00 am).
FROM THE LEARNING ROOM: All the kids homework & reading.
NOTICING THAT: When the sun is out, like today, everyone seems happier.
PONDERING THESE WORDS:
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."FROM THE KITCHEN: Made muffins for breakfast. Chili is made, just need to cook the noddles. Making a pumpkin pie.
AROUND THE HOUSE: Laundry, straighting up around the house, and more laundry.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Watching the kids play in the leaves.
FROM MY PICTURE JOURNAL: My kids at a National Forest, we went to, last Sunday. Spending some quality family time together.
FOR MORE DAYBOOKS VISIT: http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful rest of the day!!!!
Lauri


2 comments:
Fun picture of the kids!!
I'll be praying for you and your family while your husband is away. (And to the ISLANDS? I'm sure you're not bitter ... I sure wouldn't be!! Whatever!) I know for us, when Rick's gone that's when a car breaks down or the kids are deathly ill or something! I always feel like Satan is saying "Okay girl, let's see whatcha got!" Thankfully with God's help I am able to show him!
Have a great week!
Your blog is so pretty. It's a shame children grow up so fast. The blessing is grandchildren. I enjoy mine so much. It is hard to find time to read blogs and work on your own. It really eats up the time. I'm not able to work very long at a time because of several illnesses I have. I work for five minutes then work on my blogs while I rest. I hope you will have a wonderful week. Doylene
Post a Comment