FOR TODAY: Jan. 25, 2010
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW: Dark & 37 degrees. The cold is coming back & bringing a little bit of snow with it. Suppose to get about an inch tonight into tomorrow. Maybe even a "winter storm" come Thurs. Hopefully it shifts, because I don't want to use anymore vacation days at work, for snow days. I need to save them for some fun in the sun days. :)
I AM THINKING: About a family member that lost her father to cancer a couple of months ago and now her mother just passed away of Ovarian Cancer this past Tues. My heart is hearting for her. I will pray for her & her family's healing, daily.
I AM THANKFUL FOR: That my 8 yr old daughter J-Bird, made a promise to God, in front of our parish to prepare for her First Holy Communion. Her dad & I also had to make a promise to help her & to take her to Mass, every week. I will be spending the next 2-1/2 months, helping her learn, why this is an important step into her Catholic Faith.
I AM WEARING: Nylon pants, "Greenwood Gator" long sleeve shirt (my girls school), fuzzy purple robe, socks & slippers. I dislike the cold. I am definetly a warmer climate type of girl.
I AM REMEMBERING: The reasons why we go to church. I just wish the people that sit around me, talking & laughing through the whole service, would remember why. Ugggg!!
I AM GOING: To the store, bank, & postoffice, after I drop the girls off to school. The rest of the week, will be spent at work & home.
I AM CURRENTLY READING: Started reading Thomas Kindade's "Home Song" again. I haven't touch this book, since before Christmas. Hopefully I will get it finish this week.
I AM HOPING: That I will have something interesting to write about in my blog, this week. Nothing good last week so, I only did the Daybook.
ON MY MIND: How I need to make use of my time better. I have been on this computer, way too much lately. Need to get some things, that have been put off, done in our home.
NOTICING THAT: When I particpate in Simple Woman's Daybook & The Home Santuary, it brings a sense of accomphishment to me. I love reflecting on things in the past, as well as things that will be coming up, through the Daybook. I love the feeling I get when I have completed a small task, everyday by working with the Home Santuary Blog. Thanks to both of you.
PONDERING THESE WORDS: "Mom, you are the coolest mom, ever." This was from my 8 yr old Jellybean on Sat. I can't remember why I was the "coolest mom" at that moment but, it made me smile anyway.
FROM THE KITCHEN: Going to scan through my cookbooks & through some internet sites, to find something different for pork chops (dinner tonight). Tired of the same ol' boring stuff.
AROUND THE HOUSE: Cleaning, lots of cleaning. I usually do a really good weekly cleaning every Sat or Mon. I didn't get to it last week, with not feeling well but, I will be back at it today, after I drop the girls off to school. Going to turn on some country music and light some good smelling candles, and dance while cleaning. I also need to look throught the cookbooks for a different receipe for pork chops.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Watching my kids sleep. They look sooo peaceful.
FROM MY PICTURE JOURNAL: The kids snoozing peacefully to the sound of nature. This was taking at our 4th of July campout, with our friends, in 09. Ready to go back.
FOR MORE DAYBOOK ENTRIES, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


No comments:
Post a Comment