Monday, August 23, 2010

My daybook 8-23-10

FOR TODAY 8-23-10  
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:  The sun is shining & it is a beautiful.  Breeze slightly blowing.

I'M THINKING:  How I wish I could be a stay at home mamma.  At least I only work Tues-Fri and only 25 hrs a week.  I get to take my kids to school & be home for homework & dinner & the rest of the evening.

I'M THANKFUL FOR:  The wonderful weekend my DH & I had with my girls.  We went walking downtown on the waterfront & went shopping.  The weather was beautiful. 

FROM THE LEARNING ROOM:  I am sure my kids will bring homework home this week, with it being the 2nd week of school.

FROM THE KITCHEN:  Chicken n Dumplings are cooking in the crockpot.  Haven't decided if I am going to make corn fritters or corn bread yet. 

I'M WEARING:  T-shirt with BMX Kid's allstar team on it.  Black shorts.  Bumming/cleaning clothes.

I'M CREATING:  Not much.

I'M READING:  Some of my favorite blogs.

I'M HOPING:  That the kids don't bring a lot of homework home this week.  It is going to be too beautiful out this week.  Want to go walking & bike riding with the kids.  Also hoping J-Birds new coach works out today and the team gives her a chance. 

I'M HEARING:  "As the World Turns" on the TV & the air conditioning running.

AROUND THE HOUSE:  Tidying up around here & doing laundry.  Homework later, then practices.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:  Walking around downtown waterfront, sooo peaceful.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK:  J-Bird has cheer practice, BMX Kid has baseball practice.  I am sure kids will have homework all week.  DH is working in another town, but he is at least home in the evenings, even if it is later then normal.  J-Bird has tumbling tomorrow.  BMX kid will have practice Wed.  Then the rest of the week is just homework, until Sat.  J-Bird has to cheer at a game on Sat. morning.

A PICTURE OF THOUGHT, I'M SHARING:
J-Bird & Big O on the waterfront in Downtown.  It was a beautiful day!!!



FOR MORE DAYBOOK ENTRIES, GO VISIT:  The Simple Woman
GOD BLESS.


LAURI

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Mmmm ... a waterfront walk would be devine! Can't get out of the 100's here.