Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time Needs to Stand Still!!!

Just checking in to say "HI".  We have a lot going on right now, with the Christmas season & everyday life.

My DH took a day off yesterday, so he & I had could get almost all of the Christmas shopping finished.  Only have a few things left to purchase.  He heads out of town soon, on a job.  It will be hard to go through the month with Christmas cheer, without him here most of the time, but I will try my hardest, especially for my kids.  He will be home for Christmas though, thank God.  :)

J-Bird has been working hard with her routine for cheerleading competition, which is this Sat.  They had some problems Mon., with some girls not showing up & we found out they won't be competing on Sat.  But, all is going to work out, cause we have 4 girls to replace them & they already learned the routine.  Yay!!!

I'm hoping to blog more, after this week.  Hoping I get some cookies, candy, & bread made during the month.  I want to make some to give as gifts for some special people, in my life.  Hoping to get the rest of the decorations up (outside) tonight.  Need to get our Christmas pic printed & start mailing those out.  Lots to do this month.  The best thing is...I only work for  3 weeks & 1 day, until we are on shutdown & I will have 11 days off.  Woo hoo, can't wait.  Love being able to be off & home with the kids, during their Christmas break.  Planning on lots of family time, during that time off together.

Well, other then the above, not much else going on.  Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving, as I did.  Love sharing the day with family.

Have a wonderful day & rest of the week.
Lauri

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Join me and some other women on our Rediscovering Christmas Bible Challenge of reading one chapter of the Book of Luke each day until Christmas. Might help put that spirit in your heart!

Lauri said...

@ Nicole, I have advent prayers & motivations that we do every night, while lighting the candle on the advent wreath. It does help.
I'm doing much better now. After Christmas shopping with DH, it put me in the spirit. Plus we have Christmas music playing all day at work. :)
Thanks!!!

Joyce said...

My husband is also traveling right now (and always)...life has to go on at home though, right? I am starting the month behind but am also hoping to get some baking done to give to friends.

Hope you enjoy this special season of the year!