Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lauri's daybook

For today...Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2011
Outside my window... the sun has risen & we are going to have warm 50 degree temps today, with some rain later.  Loving this warmer weather, but I am sure it is just a teaser.

I am thinking... about how if I talk to my kids when I am aggravated at them, instead of speaking loudly or yelling at them...they respond to me so much better & life in general is so much smoother. 

I am thankful ... my DH neck problem is getting better.  He hurt his neck almost 2 weeks ago & thought he was going to have to have it X-ray, but it is much better.  I still think he needs to see the doc though.

I am wearing... black yoga pants, white t-shirt & socks.

I am planning... hummmm, nothing right now.

I am creating... a cleaner house.  Or getting ready too.  :)

I am going... to the gym, after I drop the girls off to school, then the store.  Later Big O's Parent/Teacher Conference.

I am reading... my favorite blogs.

I am hoping... that my back feels better after a good workout this morning.

From the learning rooms... J-Bird & Big O need to study for spelling test for Friday.  Bubba has a current event due this week, along with Math work & BMX Kid has some Spanish studying to do.

Noticing that ... people are so much happier with warmer temps.  Everyone seemed so nice lately. 

From the kitchen...  I think I am going to make meatloaf for dinner tonight.  I am off on Wed, and I love making nice big dinner for my family, we I can.  With that, mashed potatoes (of course) & probably green beans & rolls.

Around the house... need to do mounds of laundry, clean the house, & make dinner.

One of my favorite things... sitting outside on my deck on a warm morning, drinking my coffee, with just me, the laptop, & the birds. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... P/T Conference today for Big O, another one tomorrow for J-Bird.  The gym the rest of the week (except for Fri.)  Working the concession stand at UofL game Friday night.  This is a fundraiser for J-Bird's cheerleading.  I can work lots of games, concerts, events, etc to earn money for her account with the cheer company.  It is a program that our city has here to help promote youth sports & help parents financially.  Sat...I think I am going to take my girls to see the Justin Bieber movie, then the gym, later the kids are going to their dads/stepson going to his moms.  DH & I will have a date night.  Sun...church, DH & I will probably go to the gym (kids still at their other parents), and later J-Bird has a 2 hr. competition practice. 

From my picture journal... my Valentine's gift from kids & DH.  God has blessed me sooo much, with my wonderful family.  Sorry...pic was taken from my phone.  Doesn't do my beautiful flowers justice.  I received these at work on Friday.  He wanted me to enjoy them over the weekend.  They still look beautiful today.  Love them.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week.  For more day book entries, please go visit, The Simple Woman's Daybook. 


God Bless,

Lauri

No comments: