Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For Today...Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2011
 
Outside my window... it is still dark outside & we got a light coating of snow last night.  Just enough to be pretty & not make a mess of things or cause school to be out.

I am thinking... of the terrible news I heard on the news channel about a couple beating a 2 yr. old to death.  Why are so many kids getting hurt by people they are suppose to trust, now days?  What is wrong with our society?  It just breaks my heart, every time I hear about another child being abused physically or sexually, or worse...both.

I am thankful ... my home is filled with love for each other & that my children know their home is a place where they can trust their parents to never hurt them & to keep them safe. 

I am wearing... pajama pants, shirt, robe, & warm sock with slippers. 

I am planning... to make a menu of dinners for the rest of the month.  With so many activities going on with the kids, I need a plan for dinner already in place when I get home from work.

I am creating... dinner calendar for the month.

I am going... take the girls to school, later the gym, then to J-Bird's All-Star cheer practice.

I am reading... my favorite blogs & a book from Debbie McComber's Cedar Cove Series.

I am hoping... that J-Bird does better tonight at her practice.  She is a flyer on her team for the 1st time & last week she fell pretty hard & it took a lot of convincing to get her back up.  When she finally did, there was only 5 min. left of practice.

From the learning rooms... kids homework.

Noticing that ... a lot of red birds are were out this weekend.  They love this winter weather.  They look so pretty against the white snow.

From the kitchen... getting ready to make breakfast for the girls.  Make their lunches for school.  Dinner tonight...spaghetti w/ some Italian sausage pieces, garlic bread, salad, & applesauce for the ones that don't like salad.

Around the house... Need to get some laundry done & need to clean up around the house.

One of my favorite things... the sound of birds singing on a spring morning.  Oh how I am craving the cool morning, but warm afternoons.  Spring is my favorite season.  Time for rebirth.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... J-bird has practice last night.  She has practice again tonight.  Going to the gym every night except for Wed.  Kids have Religion class Wed night.  Thurs...nothing but work & gym.  Friday...work, then kids are doing their kick boxing class while hubby & I work out.  Sat, nothing planned as of now.  Sunday we are going to have Valentine's with our kids, after church. 

From my picture journal...my nephew (his most recent pic), who left for Ft. Leonard Wood, MO Jan. 5th for basic training.  He does 9 weeks of basic, then 10 weeks of Military Police training.  I finally got a letter from him last week.  He is doing good, but says it is very hard.  I am so proud of his decision to join the US Army.  Love & miss him dearly. 

For more day book entries, please go visit The Simple Woman.

I hope everyone has a blessed day & God Bless!!!

Lauri

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I agree with you about children who are hurt by those who are supposed to love them. I am a survivor and it just tears me up to hear those reports. Have a wonderful day!

http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-womans-daybook-february-8-2011.html

Kim said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from the Simple Womans daybook. What a good looking nephew you have. You must be so proud. I visited Ft "lost in the woods" when my son - an airman was stationed there. Tell your nephew "thanks for serving our country" for me.
kim

Anonymous said...

I seen your name on a Simple Woman's Daybook. I wanted to say Hello! We pretty much have the same 1st name except I put an "e" on the end of mine.
Have a great day!
Laurie