Monday, March 7, 2011

For today...Monday...March 7th
 
Outside my window... cloudy & a cold 32 right now, suppose to warm up to 52 later though.

I am thinking...that I need to start stock piling on groceries, because of these gas prices.  Ughhh.

I am thankful ... that I have healthy happy kids & my DH & I have jobs. 

I am wearing... gray nylon pants, nike t-shirt, & my socks.

I am planning... to clean up a little around the house.

I am creating... a weekly dinner schedule.  With my kids starting spring sports & my daughter is still in cheerleading until the end of the month, I need to organize dinner better.  Need to do this still, didn't have time last week. 

I am going... store, pick up kids from school, later gym.

I am reading... not much time to read right now.

I am hoping... that my nephew, who is in the Army's basic training stays safe this week.  Left at 3am to spend a week in the woods, for FTX training (field training exercise).  Please keep him in your prayers.

From the learning rooms... a week of homework for all 4 of the kiddos.

Noticing that ... tulips are starting to pop up in yards & the grass is starting to turn green.  Yay spring!!!

From the kitchen... Lasagna, garlic bread, & salad.

Around the house... cleaning, laundry, & cooking dinner.

One of my favorite things... rainy Sunday's, when I don't have things to do. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... Off from work today, tonight, J-Bird has cheer practice & I am going to the gym.  Tues. work, cheer practice & gym again.  BMX Kid has baseball practice.  Wed. work then we will be going to church with my kids Religious Ed class for Ash Wed.  Thurs. work, J-Bird has softball practice.  Fri. work, J-Bird has her final cheer practice for Dragon Youth Cheer, & I will be at the gym.  Sat. J-Bird is competing in her final competition with Dragon Youth (she still cheers for her All-Star team though).  BMX kid has a scrimmage baseball game.  Later Sat. I am working a concert for J-Bird's All-Star team.  Going to be a long, busy Sat.  Sun. church & I am sure some kind of practice.  If not, I am going to rest with my family.

From my picture journal... J-Bird at her first competition with her All-Star team.  They came in 3rd place.  Pretty awesome.  They only had 3 weeks to prepare for it.  Way to go girls.  

Also below is a pic of some of the gifts I received from work & home for my BIG 40th birthday.  DH & kids took me to dinner Fri. and Sat. DH & I went to see a movie.  What a wonderful birthday weekend.  
For more day book entries, please go visit The Simple Woman.  
Have a wonderful week.

God Bless.
Lauri


2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I turn "that number" in August.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to you too! My was my last birthday in my 40's! But that's ok, because I had lots of fun.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Blessings!