Friday, April 22, 2011

Company Girl-Gone for awhile.

Good Friday everyone.  Hope you all are stopping through out your day to think about what today is all about. 
Romans 5:6-8 "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
I have not been around for awhile.  I have been taking care of my sick mother since March 12th.
My heart is hurting because on April 13th @ 12:20am, God decided to take her to heaven.  We now have a wonderful, beautiful, & the most caring angel watching over us.  Rest in Peace my beautiful mother.

“You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
”


 June 5, 1931 - April 13, 2011.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grieving with you, especially as the Lord also took my beautiful sister Home last month. Thank you for posting that healing poem.

Katharine said...

So sorry for your loss. I hope you have an Easter blessed with peace and comfort!

Nicole said...

I am so sorry for your loss Lauri. Peace be with you and your family.

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

I am sorry about your grief. May the God of all comfort comfort you in your trial...

Zoanna said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you feel God's comfort extra close this weekend.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I'm so sorry and know all too well the loss you are feeling. My Mom died very suddenly of a massive stroke in Dec. 2008 and I will never be the same. As someone said, "you will get through it, but you will never get over it." May the Lord give you peace during this most difficult time.

Unknown said...

(((hugs)))