Monday, May 16, 2011

My Daybook

 
For today...Monday, May 16, 2011 

Outside my window... More rain & cooler weather.  It is only 47 degrees here.  Crazy weather we have in OH Valley.  It was close to 90 last week.

I am thinking... that I have done pretty good on my diet & working out last week.  Only had one mess up with junk food. 

I am thankful ... that my nephew only has 10 more days until he graduates from Basic Training & Military Police training for the Army.  So excited I get to see him soon.  

I am wearing... blue nylon pants, BMX t-shirt & slippers.

I am hearing... refrig kicking on, t.v & the birds chirping outside my window. 


I am planning... meals for this week.

I am creating... simplicity in our lives.  Decided that my J-Bird was going to sit out for 11-12 season of Allstar cheer.  Just too much money & not enough time for it this yr.  I will let her cheer in the youth league for football though.  That's plenty for her to be involved in.

I am going... to work today.  Taking off tomorrow, since the kids are out of school.

I am reading... Another one of Debbie Macomber's book.  "Manning Brothers."

I am hoping/praying... that gas prices drop.  We are at $4.09 right now.  This is really putting a strain on the pocket book.  :(

From the learning rooms... homework.

Noticing that ... people seemed very grumpy at the grocery store yesterday.  It is probably because of all the price increases. 

From the kitchen... Easy night tonight.  Hot dogs & Mac n cheese.  Both boys have to be at their ball fields @ 5:00.

Around the house... laundry & cleaning tomorrow.

One of my favorite things... going to the zoo with my kids.  MIL got us a season pass, so we can go as much as we like.     

A few plans for the rest of the week... tonight-BMX kid has a baseball game & Bubba has a softball game.  Softball may get cancelled cause of wet fields.  Tues-kids are out of school, so I think we are going to go to the zoo.  We will take a picnic lunch too.  Wed-Fri, not much going on.  Staying home for once.  Sat-BMX kid has baseball tourney game (if they win tonight).  He also has State & local BMX race to attend.  We have also been invited to a birthday party.  Not sure if we will make that one.  Sun-church, then later Bubba has softball practice. 
 
From my picture journal...  DH & I.  Most recent pic of us.  Terrible pic of me though.  Yesterday, we celebrated our 7th anniversary.  Love this man so much & I am looking forward to many more happy years with him.  God blessed me with a great man.  :)


For more daybook entries, please go visit, The Simple Woman.

God Bless
Lauri

4 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Hello! LOVE your Daybook!
I noticed a lot of "angry drivers" this weekend as well...it costs over $100 to fill our van these days! OUCH! Your blog is SO lovely and it sounds like you are very blessed with a joyful, busy, contented family life! What a nice gift your MIL gave to you and the kids!
It's really nice to meet you via Peggy's:))

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You're taking one out of cheer, we are adding one. My 16 year old wants to cheer competitively again. But she has the opportunity to work at the gym this summer to pay for her competitive costs, so that's good.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

found you through the Simple Womans Daybook. YOu have a nice place here! This may sound crazy but as busy as you are now... in a few short years (seems like) you will be wondering what to do with yourself. I have three kids (one in college) but all at home. I am trying now to really get into my gardening and things that I like so that when I don't have them it won't seem so strange! Hope to visit you again next week!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your Daybook....I love the way you write your blogs....ver unque....

and I especially love the colors in your blog design