Saturday, May 7, 2011

Today is a BIG day here in KY.  The good ol' 137th KY Derby and I get to spend it with my family & friends.  I wasn't going to go cause I had a touch of something with my stomach, but with plenty of pepto, it has gotten better.
 
Anyway, here is the horse I like.
Mucho Macho Man
I like this horse because he is the youngest horse out there.  He is not even 3 yrs old yet.  His trainer has touched my heart.  The other reasons I like this horse:  a) the trainer is a woman & b) the trainer just recovered from a heart transplant. C)the horse was born without a heart & they prayed over him after he got his heart & he jumped up & started running. d) the trainer was born on the 13th & the horse is in the 13th position today.  They both deserve to win the KY Derby.  

I do not bet.  I just like to play in the jackpots, where you draw a name.  The only time I have ever won was in 2009.  I won $100 in a jackpot at work.  The horse was Mine that Bird.  This year I drawed two long shots at work. Pants on Fire & Twinsprired.  If one of these win, I will win a big $38.00.  Woo hoo.  

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Sat and keep your fingers cross that I win at least one jackpot today.  GO BABY GO!!!
  
Lauri

No comments: