Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wed Hodgepodge


This is actually my first time answering questions on Wed. Hodgepodge.  This is from the blog From This Side of the Pond.  I thought it would be kind of fun to participate.   So here the questions & my answers.


1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?  Sight...kids outside having fun.  Sounds...birds chirping & kids laughing.  Smell...fresh cut grass.


2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?  Lighting bugs.

3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?  Walking with my kids in the neighborhood, I saw some of the homes that still look the same from my childhood.  I live in the neighborhood that I grew up in.  I remember playing in lots of those homes with my friends.

4. Define 'the good life'.  Sitting outside in the early evening with my DH, watching the kids play & sipping a cold drink.  

5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?   The living room.  I sit in my comfy chair with my laptop, usually with a candle burning.  When I do bills, I sit at the kitchen counter.

6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.  Watermelon all the way.

7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.  Yes & that's all you need to know.  LOL

8. Insert your own random thought here.  I am more of a spring/fall girl.  As I got older, I didn't really enjoy summer that much, cause I don't like the heat, but after losing my mother in April.  I am trying to enjoy every season & enjoy making more memories with my children.  I had  such a wonderful childhood with my family & I want the same for my kids.  
One of my best childhood memories, sitting in a huge tree in the backyard, by myself, writing, reading, or drawing.  I loved that tree.  I would sit in it for hours.  It was my hide away.  :)

I really enjoyed answering the questions.  Gave me time to ponder on some wonderful memories.  :)

Please go visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for more answers to these great questions.  

God Bless!!!!
Lauri

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Glad you joined in the HP today! I always havea wave of nostalgia for childhood days when I visit my mom and walk the neighborhood. The neighborhood itself hasn't changed much, just the people in the houses. Even those haven't changed completely which is nice to know.

Enjoy your day!

Angie said...

Ah, that was good. I need to make the best of summer for my kid's memory sake. That will help with the motivation! Thanks! I, too, have wonderful summer memories, but I'm a homebody and I like a COOL home. :)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh yes, kids laughing, that is a wonderful sound!

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother. I lost mine last year and it certainly does change your perspective on some things.

It's nice to meet you!