Ok, reading all of my favorite blogs the past couple of weeks, has got me in the mood to try something for the first time. I am going to try some candy making!!!!! I mean how hard can it be??? I know I had a disaster with sugar cookie Christmas shapes last Sunday, but that doesn't mean my candy will become a disaster too. I think I might even have the older boys help me. The younger girls can help me mix.
Now that my hubby has finally made it back home from tropical paradise, I have definely gotten in the Christmas spirit. We had a wonderful Sunday together. We went to church and the kids were sooo well behaved (Thank God), then we went to our favorite Mexician restuarant (one kid NOT so well behaved), then my hubby, older son, older daughter, & I did some Christmas shopping, for in laws & animials (the other two stayed with their Nanny). And last but not least, my hubby, two boys, & I went to see "The Blind Side." Talk about an uplifting story. It was a wonderful movie & better yet, it really hit one of my sons. He even made a comment and said, "I can suceed at anything mom, if I put my heart into & if I know my family is behind me every step of the way." I told him yes, he could and he has already succeeded at being a wonderful son and I am very proud of him. Man, I love moments like these!!!
Back on to candy making. After work today, I am going to stop at the store for some supplies I am out of, come home and make dinner. After dinner is cleaned up, I will start making candy. I think I am going to make my moms favorite, which is, "buckeyes." Next, I am going to make some type of prezel candy that my bud from Taulman Tales, had made. They looked so yummy. I hope you don't mind Nicole that I am copying you???
Hopefully I will remember to take some pics tonight to share with my whole 2 readers, out there. LOL. I have some other candy receipes, that I am going to try throughout the week. We shall see how it all turns out. I would love to make some sugar free cookies & candy for my mom & the lady acroos the street, but I am not sure about the time, I have left to do it all.
Well, good Monday to everyone. I am off to work today. Ughhh, I am usually off Monday's, but we are at year end there, which means stress & more work for me.
Lauri
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those pretzel candies are so easy! Just cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and fill with pretzels (we used circles this year, but regular twisty pretzels work, too.) Put a hershey kiss on each one (this year we did half regular and half with almonds). Bake at 225 for 4 minutes (that's with a baking stone .. you might check it after about 2-3 with a tin baking sheet). Once they are out, squish an m&m into each one. Then we put ours in the fridge until they are hardened. We make these every year ... YUM!
Post a Comment