Hello Ladies,
Please grab a cuppa Joe or your drink of choice, take a load off, and enjoy other Company Girls today.
I received a wonderful birthday present. Last Thurs. was my 39th b-day. I received a cake from work and a nice dinner from the family, at home. My actual present was a weekend get a way with my DH. We went to a small country town in IN. and it was soooo relaxing. We stayed in a Marriott Residence Suites (courtesy of all his hotel points, from traveling with work). It was a beautiful suite. Check out some of the pics.
The lake is still frozen. So peaceful.
Love the sun setting over the hills.
This week has been pretty hetic. We started the week off Sunday evening with our oldest child (BMX Kid) breaking his growth plate, on his arm. He is already going nuts and it has only been a 1/2 of week, that has gone by. He has to wear a cast for 3 weeks, then he goes back for another x-ray. If all is good with the healing, then 2 weeks later he will get to continue BMX racing & baseball. He will only end up missing one race & one baseball game. It is killing him that he cannot hardly do anything. Poor kid. Oh, he broke his arm, by doing tricks on his trick bike.
Sunday evening also ended with my middle daughter (J-Bird) knocking out my youngest daughter (Big O) already loose tooth. You would have thought she killed her, the way Big O was acting. Poor kid. It was a lot of blood though. Probably justed scared her & I am sure it did hurt.
Monday, I had to work. I am usually off on Monday's but, someone needed that day off. Homework later, then my daughter had her first softball practice. The weather was so nice, at least.
Tuesday, well that is a different story. I was off (good thing). My daughter woke up saying her belly was hurting. She wasn't showing any other symptons so, I sent her to school, after she started acting better, after breakfast. However, it didn't stay that way. When she got home from school, she was still complaining about her belly & now her eyes had that sick look. She had her dinner but, later got sick in her room. Needless to say, DH had to scrub the floor, while I tended to her & got the sheets in the washer. She continued this until about 12:00am. After that she had a sick-free night. I slept on the coach, just in case (now my back is killing me) but, it was a quite night. I went ahead and kept her home from school Wed. She apparently just had a 12 hour bug. She ate & kept it down, thank God.
Wed., Big O & I stayed home. She didn't get sick anymore but, I could tell that she still wasn't feeling well. However, by 11:00am, she was better because she was back to her normal sweet & playful self. She stayed in the house & played barbies, school, & her DS. I got to do more piles of laundry, oh boy!!!
Thurs, we were back to our normal routine, thank goodness. I do not like when our routine is messed up during the week, makes for a lonnng week. I did get to go out on a date with DH. We went to see a "guy flick" this time instead of the normals "chick flicks", I drag him to see. I didn't like the movie but he did.
Now we are finally here at Friday. The last day of the work week for me. Even though I had a short week, it still went by very slow. Tonight is our parish fishfry and love sitting with my mother & her friends, enjoying fellowship. I have known these ladies since I was a little girl. I just love hearing the stories they tell DH about me as a little girl. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time & relive my childhood. Even though we didn't have a lot of money, we had a lot of love. I have many wonderful childhood memories and I strive to make the best memories for my children, as well.
For the rest of the weekend, not much going on. We are staying home & picking up around the house. The only thing on the agenda is J-Bird has batting practice on Sat. Sun is church and I am also going to sit down & catch up on my favorite blogs. Maybe write another post, if I have some pondering thoughts to put down.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend & try to go visit some other Company Girls. Time to refill my coffee.
God Bless You!!!
Lauri


8 comments:
Hope you're all healthy again, and stay that way! Have a GREAT weekend!
Wow, busy week!
Wow! busy week! So sorry to hear that your daughter was sick! Glad all is on the mend! I am praying for health fo ryou and the rest of your family!
Busy week for you! Have a restful weekend!
Have a great weekend! Hope everyone else stays well and you are able to recover from the busy week!
Blessings!
Oh, man, a broken arm doesn't sound like fun. I pray the next 2 weeks will go quickly...
Hopefully no one else will get sick...
I'm hitting an afternoon slump and need another cup of coffee myself. Maybe a hershey bar.
I wish I could even GET my husband to a chick flick! haha I know he'd go with me but I'd feel bad if he was bored, I guess. Hope no more tummy bugs go around!
So sorry about your son's broken arm. Praying for quick and complete healing there.
You've had a tough week. I hope you have a better one this week. Hang in there!
Blessings,
LydiaCate
Post a Comment