Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Thoughts!!!

Ok just when I get teased this past weekend with upper 50 degree weather, the snow came back last night.  Ughhh.  I am so tired of this white stuff, I just want to scream.  I think I might.
I AM SOOOO TIRED OF SNOW!!!!
There, I am feeling much better now.  I am such a baby.  We only got like an inch & a half but, really come on Mother Nature.  The white stuff is pretty but, enough already.  :)

I just want the beauty of spring to show it's prettiness around me.  Spring is like a new beginning for me.  All the dead around comes back to life.  Just like the feelings of gloom come out of me , in the winter.  The beauty inside me starts to shine & grow again, in the spring.  God makes the outside beautiful and the inside/outside of me beautiful again.  I know I shouldn't need a season to bring the beauty out from inside of me but, it winter really gets me down. 

I really can't stand the months of Jan & Feb.  I am always so blah during those months.  I am even more down this year because of my own going medical problems.  I need to let them go & offer them up to God.  I know he is having me "bare my cross" right now but, it is so hard to accept this.  I know God is telling me I need to take a step back & take a long hard look at myself & make some postitive changes in my life & the lives of my family.  Things have changed around here & we need to get back to the way they were before.  Praying more, Sunday worship, doing things for one another, spending time together, biting our tongues, & controlling our lack of patience (big one for me). 

Putting this out here on my blog, makes me accountable for these things.  So, I am going to sit down with my family this weekend & have a talk with them or I may talk to each person individually, write things down, then have a family meeting.  I will start by talking to God first and writing down my faults & weakness and then my positive goals of change. 

Please pray that I will accept "carrying my cross" for our Lord and please pray that God gives me & my family the strength & courage to make some positive changes in our lives. 

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST."

Lauri

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sickness can certainly knock you down a notch or two! You don't have the mindset you usually have, the kids see that and take advantage, you get some distance between you and your husband. It certainly happens. Just regroup and start over. We all need that every once in a while. I will be praying for you.

mholgate said...

Lauri, I think we all struggle with the winter months in our own way. This is a great post and you are on the right track to ask God what kind of positive changes you can make in your life. We all need to do that from time to time. May God's Spirit give you direction and provide you with the strength you need to follow Him obediently.

Blessings!
Melissa