Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Company Girl 2-10-10; When It Rains, It Pours!!!

I have had to take some time away from blogging, not that I did it that much anyways. And that is besides the point.  Anyway, I went in Mon the 1st of Feb. to have my gall bladder taken out, all went well with the surgery.  However, I had to go back to see the General Surgeon because my stomach was swollen & my back was killing me.  I could hardly walk.  I was in sooo much pain.  More pain then when I had 3 c-sections. 
He admitted me into the hospital, mainly for pain control, while we were waiting on a CT scan to be preformed.  Well, I was retaining my urine in my bladder & it caused my bladder to descend & I had urine backed up in my kidneys.  Yuck, I know.  My potassium is low and so was my blood count.

Anyway, apparently I had yet another bladder infection during my recovery of my gall bladder surgery.  I have now been released from the hospital as of yesterday and I am now under the care of my urologist, again.  I was sent home with a foley bag (leg catethier) until I see the urlologist.  I am sure I will be put on a medicine again & I will have to go back to doing my own catethier everyday, until I am all new, once again.  At least this is what I am praying for. 

So girls, once again, I am asking for prayers please.  I really need to get back to my usual self again.  I am tired of being in pain, being aggreviated with everyone around me, and tired of just being tired, all the time.  I am usually a very happy and healthy person and things don't normally get me down but, this time, it has hit me.  I am down.  Please send some prayers my way. 

As for me, now that I am back home.  I am going to start reading my devotions again, starting later this evening, when I can have some quite time to myself.  The kids have been out of school, for two days, due to snow, so quite time is impossible for me right now. 
Hubby is at the store now, after working & he is going to taking care of dinner tonight.  I made sure homework was done because I am sure they will go back tomorrow.  I made them do tonight's homework, even though they weren't in school.  They get all their assignments for the whole week, on Monday's.  This makes our lives so much easier.  I am going to take it easy the rest of the evening and let DH handle the lovely children.  :)

Well, that is all I have for now.  I will try to touch base by this weekend, with some up beat news.  At least all of my problems are going on during the winter months so, I don't have to be down & out during the beautiful summer months.  See, I am thinking postitive already.  Thanks for listening to me complain.  I feel better already!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so sorry you have gone through this, Lauri! I will be praying for your recovery, and for your peace of mind (and lots and lots of patience!!)
Nicole

Frugal Friend said...

I'll be praying for you too! I'm glad that at least you are enjoying Valentines Day (from your post above) and that you'll get to see a movie tonight.