4-28-10
1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid? The only "lost" that I can remember being or feeling, was when my ex husband left me pregnant. He moved to another city with his girlfriend, while I stayed in our home with a 5 yr old, 1 yr old & pregnant. I was so lost at that time. But God lead me where I am today, which is such a happier place. :)2. Have you ever been to an island? Yes two. Bahama's & US Virgin Islands. I go to US VI usually once a year because my husband goes down there to work at the Cruzan Rum plant. He builds tanks for distilleries. My dream trip is Hawaii.
Pic below is my DH & I in VI back in Nov for Thanksgiving.
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler? Wow, that is hard. I am a little of both. But if I had to choose, I would say I was a feeler. I go on my feelings day in & day out. This can be both good or bad, depending on the situation.4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
Shades of Gray usually.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.) Any of Debbie McComber's books. I love her stories.
6. What are you most afraid of? Talking in front of crowds. I am scared to death to get up in front of people. :( I am afraid I will sound stupid.
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones? Wow this is a hard one. After thinking for awhile, I would have to say I would rather never be able to make new ones. I love all my old memories & I hope that is one thing I never lose when I get older. My memories make me smile.
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
My kids. They are my heart & soul.
My mom & sister. My best friends.
My DH, he is my soul mate.
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.) The one thing I would have done differently would have been to search more for the place we picked to get married. It was a little white chapel in Gatlingburg, TN. Very pretty but, very small. We later found this beautiful place when we were driving around, nestled in the woods. It was gorgeous.
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness. I know a lot about forgiveness. Like I said in questions #1. My ex left me for another woman, when I was pregnant with our 3rd child. I had to forgive him for what he did to me & our children, in order to move on with our lives. We get along now because of this forgiveness. I had to learn to forgive myself for my part in the break up of our marriage. It took me awhile to understand that I was part of the problem (even though I didn't realize this until the divorce). Things I could have done to be a better wife.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time? Reading blogs on my phone.
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better? The same: organized. I am pretty organized with our lives. Better: Definetly more patience.
Wow, these questions really had me thinking this week. I do love the questions you picked. Brought back bad/good memories. Can't wait until next week.
Please go visit others that have answered this weeks questions at
http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/
Have a blessed day.
Lauri




5 comments:
That is so wrong to leave you when you are pregnant. I am glad you found someone who was willing to be there for you and your children. The thought of being a single mom scares me to death, I have so much respect for women who have to do it. That has to be the hardest thing ever.
These are great answers. It's so fun to see the different directions people take with the questions. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
I so enjoyed reading your answers! It's nice to get to know you a bit!
My youngest daughter used to say she wanted to get married at the wedding chapel in Townsend TN....she's in college now and has decided she has too many friends and will need a bigger place : )
It was fun visiting today...love your blog background.
Wow! Your answeer to #1 gives new meaning to the word "lost". Gurl, you're a Survivor!! Amazing.
Beautiful children.
Glad you stopped by my Blog to read my Random Dozen. Nice to meet you!
Post a Comment