Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Is.... A Mother's Day Memory

5-12-10

Over at Reluctant Entertainer Sandy is hosting another Home Is.  This week the focus is Home Is.... A Mother's Day Memory. 

Most of my Mother's Day memories are the same.  I wake up to breakfast being made by my DH & kids.  They later give me their homemade gifts and cards.  I then get that one big gift that my DH purchased for me from the kids. 

I have two favorite Mothers Day gifts.  A couple of years, my DH & kids worked on our landscaping.  It turned out sooo beautiful.  Pics below are of different angles of our landscaping.  These pics don't do it justice at all.  My DH also built the swing set for our kids, out of stainless steel scrap metal from his job.  He is sooo talented.
Another favorite gift I received was last year's gift.  I finally got my Mother's Ring.  I just adore it and I where it everyday.  Below is a pic of the exact ring(birthstones) I received.
Every Mother's Day, we always take my mother out to eat.  The pic below is my mother with 3 of my kids & my nephew. 

Of course, the most special gift I have ever received, is my children.  God blessed me sooo much, when my children were brought into my life.  Life is wonderful and so are my children.

This Mother's Day, we had a cookout for my mom & DH's mom & of course for me.  It was so nice & relaxing.  We had to have it on Sat. because on Sun. I had to spend Mother's Day at the ballfield.  Oh well, seems fitting since that is all I do anyway.  :)

I hope everyone had a relaxing and wonderful Mother's Day.  Now go over to RE and post your Mother's Day Memories.

GOD BLESS!!
LAURI

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the purple and green template- you have I found you thru the reluctant entertainer, I will be posting as soon as I feed my son first LOL, I am having a giveway on my blog until friday, perfume, vera bradley and chopsticks come visit me the wasabi mommy
http://nf1andpre-kwhisper.blogspot.com

Lora @ my blessed life said...

The gift of yard work and landscaping is truly a labor of love! And your ring is beautiful!

Kirstin said...

What a great post. Loved the paragraph about the ballfield...yep I tell my girls that with all the driving I do here and there, I should be driving a luxury SUV!!

Adelle said...

What a pretty ring! We bought one for my MIL when I was pregnant with my second. Except he came two weeks early and her gift ended up having the wrong birthstone for him! It was too late to return, but it makes a funny story.

Sandy said...

Oh, love your Mother's ring and love the pix!

Thanks for linking up today at RE!

Holly Lefevre said...

Child are the best gift of all aren't they? Your mothers ring is beautiful and so is your family.
Holly
www.504main.com

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Great memories. I love the landscape story.

Joyce said...

I love your ring...my girls birthstones are pearl and sapphire. I need to put that idea into my hubs head
: )

Sweet post!

Richella Parham said...

You are so right. . . the very best gift of all is the gift of having children!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

WhaT A GREAT POST...AND LOVE your blog......A sleepless night so doing a little blog hopping....

I have a Disney Giveaway on my main blog...Hope you will stop by.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/