5-5-10
Wow it can't be this time already. My how the week has flown by. For me it was because last week was Derby week here in KY, so we were doing all kinds of different things, that we normally don't do in an avertage week. So here are my answers to the Ramdom Dozen questions.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? It only takes me a few minutes now & yes I sleep through the night. I started taking a natural herb called Valerian Root, for relaxation & calming, to sleep better at night. I also have my sound machine on and my ears plugs in because my DH's snoring, could wake the dead.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? 50's. I love this era. I wish I was able to grow up in this era. So fun & fashionable. And the mannerisms seem so nice. My mom always shares her times about this era (which she was 19 in 1950) and I have looked at lots of photos of her & dad at this time.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Taco layered dip. It has refined beads mixed with taco seasoning, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, shreeded cheese, & black olives. A favorite at every party or dinner we attend.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? No, not too much. The last thing I bought, was some garden statues for my landscaping out front. I love little frogs.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? To have an on going video of me with my family & friends, with my favorite songs being played in the back ground. Also to have some of my kids art work that I have saved over the years, being displayed. Family is very important to me & I would want everyone to see how happy my life was.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? Sitting outside reading, while the kids are playing. Or sitting outside alone with my DH, enjoying the peace & quite. I did the first last night, actually. So nice!!!
8. What is your favorite type of bread? Sour dough, especially from Cracker Barrel. Oh so yummy.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.). Grumpiness. My dad has developed this trait recently. He is 84 yrs old & has had numerous battles in his lifetime, but he is still a great dad.
10. What trait would you like most to develop? Inspiring - Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? The kitchen. Not sure why. It is the one room in our house that I put my personal touch into. I guess because in the kitchen, I am a homemaker and that does reflect me.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? I have a time for everything planned out. I have my morning time & evening time for reading & creating blog post. I have my day/week scheduled out in advance (on the calendar) of all the activties we have to do. I am very organized when it comes to all the activties we have in our lives.
Ok, now it is your turn to answer the Random Dozen questions for this week & make sure you go to, http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/ & link up. Look forward to reading your answers. Have a great day.
GOD BLESS!!!
LAURI


7 comments:
I've put off nagging my middle son about graduation thank you notes. I really need to get on that!
Valerian root...interesting. May have to look into that!
So many people have answered "kitchens"; do you think it's because that's the one room that's truly "ours"? :D
Good for you, being so organized! That is a great quality and will benefit you well throughout life. I've always been an organizational "freak" myself and I feel it has been to my advantage. Enjoyed your answers and blessings to you for a wonderful Mother's Day week-end!
I've enjoyed visiting here. It sounds like you have a very blessed and wonderful life!
I think our taco dip must be the same. I have served it for years ...
Yum taco dip! I like the idea of refined beans, you know the ones that you can dress up and take anywhere? Ha ha -- I know you meant refried, but it was too good to pass up!
I like the Valerian root tip - may keep that handy! My DH snores to wake the dead too! I think they can hear him in the next county.
I really enjoyed visiting your blog, and I loved your answers! Taco dip is one of my favorites when visiting friends' houses. I could totally make a meal out of it!
Love that you're so organized too!!!
Can you please come & organize my place for me? I just moved! :-)
Your blog is lovely ~
Very interesting answers.
You are truly a very blessed person.
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira
Post a Comment