FOR TODAY: MONDAY, MAY 3, 2010
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW: The sun is finally shining here in KY. We have had rain all weekend with the most rain coming down, since the 1930's. There is a lot of flooding around here & the rivers & creeks have not even crested yet. :(
I AM THINKING: If I want to do some more cleaning today or do I want to take this Monday to myself & do nothing but relax & catch up on my "me" time? Hummmm which should I do??? :)
I AM THANKFUL FOR: That we did not suffer from the downpour of rain from this weekend. We did not have any flooding at our house or any leaks. Thank God.
I AM WEARING: Black nylon pants with long sleeve t-shirt.
I AM REMEMBERING: How nice it was to spend the day with my best buds at the Derby party. Good food, laughter, & memories.
I AM GOING: To the store for a few things, bank, & later pick girls up from school.
I AM CURRENTLY READING: My devontionals, favorite blogs, and one of the books from the Cedar Cove series (on my 1/2 hr. lunch break).
I AM HOPING: That the fields dry up enough for my son to play baseball tonight.
ON MY MIND: Preparing to start my first garden. I haven't done this since I was a little girl & I use to help my daddy with ours. I am a little scared to start, but with the grace of God, I will have some yummy squash, zucc, & tomatoes. We have to start later here in Ky because of the weather being so unpredictable this time of the year.
NOTICING THAT: Today turned out to be a beautiful day after all the rain & storms we have had since Friday. Also noticing the birds are loving it too.
PONDERING THESE WORDS: "Because I Love You, that's why." Words my DH said to me when we were talking yesterday. He can still melt my heart. :)
FROM THE KITCHEN: East night tonight because of a baseball game. Hotdogs for the kids, Manwich for DH & I, french fries, & a veggie. I know, not a heathy dinner, but at least we are not going out to eat.
AROUND THE HOUSE: Taking it easy today. Having some "me" time. Only doing laundry, cooking dinner, & dishes. I deserve some "me" time. Later I will help the girls with their homework.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: All the festivies during Derby week here in KY and actual KY Derby Day. So fun hanging out with my friends on this day.
FROM MY PICTURE JOURNAL: The girls with their Derby hats. A tradition with the KY Derby. My two girls are in the front with the pink & blue shirts on. Such cuties, if I do say so myself. :)
For more daybook entries, please go visit:
EVERYONE HAVE A BLESSED MONDAY!!!
LAURI



4 comments:
This is my first time visiting your blog, We have been having a lot rain where we live too~your girls are cute!
Love the derby hats pic! So fun!
Oh, I want to get me a sassy dress and a wide brim hat and come to the Derby one day. It looks like such fun! I have it on my "Bucket List." Enjoyed stopping by your blog today. Blessings to you!
Love the Derby hats!! Hope to someday be able to go to the Derby. Also love the look of your blog, it is sooo pretty. Have a great week!
Mandy, mama2m's
Post a Comment