Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Daybook 5-24-10

5-24-10
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:  The sun is bright & it is going to be a beautiful day.  As a matter of fact we are suppose to have great weather all week, finally!!!  The birds are loving this weather too.
I AM THINKING:  Of all the activities that we have going on this week.  This week is the last full week of school here.  They go until June 1st.
I AM THANKFUL:  For everything that God has blessed me with.
FROM THE KITCHEN:  I think I am going to purchase a whole chicken today either already cooked (rotisserie) from the deli or I will make it myself.  We were giving a roaster for Christmas last year by my MIL & haven't use it yet.  I know, I am terrible.  I think I am scared of it.  LOL.
I AM HEARING:  Birds chirping, cars & buses driving by, the news & air cont. in the background & the humming of my laptop. 
I AM REMEMBERING:  Times when I was a child.  Not sure why, but I have been thinking back to my old days lately.  They bring a smile to my face.
I AM PRAYING:  That both boys do well with finals Friday & next Tuesday.  They will be preparing all this week at school.  Both are in middle school.
AROUND THE HOUSE:  Need to finish the laundry & do some spot cleaning today.  I was gone most of the weekend & will be again today, so not much cleaning being done this week.  :(
ON MY MIND:  The massive oil spill in our Gulf.  It makes me sad, everytime I watch the news about it.  Praying they are able to plug the leak up this Wed.  Poor plants & animals.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:  Watching my kids play in the water.
A FEW PLANS OF THE REST OF THE WEEK:  Busy week!!  I am going to my girls Field Day today.  Need to stop at the store, for a few items, dinner, then a small meeting tonight for J-Bird's cheerleading team.  Tues-work, dinner, then J-Bird has a softball practice.  Wed-work, dinner.  BMX kid & Bubba both have ballgames Wed. night, a 1/2 hr apart.  Ughh.  DH will go to one & I will go to the other.  Thurs-I am taking a vacation day, so I can attend Bubba's award ceremony for 6th grade.  I believe he is getting an award for Honors.  He had all a's & b's this year.  So proud of him.  I get to sign him out afterwards so, I am going to take him to lunch to celebrate.  BMX kid also has a game in the evening.  Fri-Sun, nothing planned for the whole weekend.  We are just going to cookout & relax for Memorial Weekend.  :)
A PICTURE I AM SHARING WITH YOU:  J-Bird at her game this weekend.  Down & Ready.  She loves the game.

FOR MORE DAYBOOK ENTERIES, PLEASE GO VISIT THE SIMPLE WOMANS DAYBOOK
HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

GOD BLESS!!!
LAURI

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a really busy week! Enjoy your weekend.

Amy said...

You do have a busy week ahead! Hope it is a good one.

Stopping by from the daybook,
Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/